• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

November Meeting at ILC Recap

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Our November meeting was at In Living Color in Marlton, NJ with the SJMRC. ILC Hosted a wonderful meeting, providing a great food spread, complete with a chocolate basket (mmmmm) for dessert!

It was great to get to see so many of us all make the trek. I think there were close to 30 of us that invaded ILC today. Welcome to all of the new members that joined us today! While there were many familiar faces in the crowd today there were also many many new faces. It was nice to meet you all.

There were over 20 raffles at ILC today with many donations from members adding to them (thanks Bob, Andy & Rich). In addition, ILC donated a $50 gift certificate to us for the raffle and a surprise last minute item of "Pick from the Store"! What a great surprise that was!

The store was clean and the tanks were packed (when we got there)! Many beautiful corals to choose from.

Andy from Ice Cap was there to talk about the VorTech system. He showed us the battery backup unit (a 30-36hr battery life) in action and talked about the controller (due out in Summer '07). That controller will be able to control up to TEN!! of those VorTech pumps.

A good time was had by all!

If Brian ever gets home (man the turnpike traffic was nasty) he'll post the raffle winnings. Steve68 should have some great pictures (along with the usual goofy ones)!

BIG thanks to ILC for hosting us, Andy for speaking, Rich for helping to put it all together and SJMRC for coming out to meet with us!

Another great meeting and I'm looking forward to seeing you all in December!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes, definitely a great meeting. The store looked really good and the livestock was plentiful, at least it was when we got there. Lots of huge boxes of bags being carried out near the end though. With the price breaks who could resist it.

Thanks to everyone that helped put this together, it was a fabulous meeting.

yes it was a great meeting there where so many people & so much going on that i ding have time to say whats up to a lot of people, time all ways seems to go by so fast.
i will post pictures soon.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I agree with everyone else, this was a really good meeting. First off, MAJOR kudos to the entire ILC crew. Jay and Ed, you guys were great and your crew was really helpful. You've done a tremendous job turning your store into one of the better ones around. Also, thanks to Rich for helping pull this together and including the SJMRC group. Definitely cool meeting the southern reefers! The VorTech demo was good too and it was nice to be able to have a Q&A session with Andy.

All in all it was a great meeting. So many people help out in so many ways; it really makes these meetings and the club something great to be a part of. I hope all of the people who attended for the first time felt welcome and got a sense of the camaraderie formed among the “regularsâ€￾.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That traffic lasted all the way to exit 9! But I have to say, it was worth it! It was a great meeting today, thanks Ed, Jay and everyone else @ ILC!

A big thanks to Andy (njreefgeek) for helping with the raffle!

Here is a list of the raffle winnings:

Renee: Green Poccillpora, Purple Digi

Fast Fred: Tan & Teal Acro

Brian: Teal and Green Echino, Red Lobo,  Sohal Tang! (I won the raffle at the end. ILC gave us choice of any livestock in the store!)

Bloodman Tim: Pink Tipped Green Acro/Green Acro/Baby Blue Acro

Evan: Elephant Coral (?):

Good 'ole RichT: Red Acan (or is it!?!)/Micromusa

JohnS: Green Mouthed Acan

Andy: Teal Acro

Aeroblonde Tom: Teal Lobo

Dave Malulu: Yellow Encusting Monti

Ed!: Ricordea, Teal Frag w/purple polyps, Green Milli, Pink Birdsnest

Jayson: Orange Zoo's

Dan The Man: Orange Digi

JimBirm: ILC Gift Card/Green Zoo's

PanmanMatt: Yellow Polyps

BobC: Green Slimer

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thank you everyone for a great meeting. One more meeting like that, and I'll have to upgrade my tank sizes again. Question: How were you guys and girls able to post the same night after the meeting? (especially Brian) I was up all night acclimating everything from the excellent deals.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Great meeting......Great discounts.......Great Sohal Tang.....looks Great in my 90 gallon.....

hmmm...............I think its time to upgrade tanks to accomodate the Sohal Tang....do you think that sales pitch will fly with my wife??

I had a great time. A job well done!! Thanks.... OH! one more thing, those tanks on the top,..to high, it sucks being a short plumber ;D

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Your all very welcome, although, all I really did was pester people to get the meeting going. (second nature for me of course) I'm glad to hear everyone had a good time. Thanks to Ed, Jay, IceCap Andy, Phyl and the rest of the NJRC officers and members for making the meeting so successful. It was great seeing so many new faces including Billy, Pete, and the rest of the SJMRC members that made the meeting (it was easy to pick them out with their Eagles jerseys, hey Brian, where was your jersey?).

We'll see you all in December.

OH YEA!
worthless.gif

Yes i had the camera but it was not my camera
so as i get pictures from Renee i will post this is all i have for now.
the store
11-13-06-10.jpg

Andy looks like he is calling a play!
"ok on 2 quaterback sneak Grab The Frags!"
11-13-06-11.jpg

See brian if it where up to me i would have put the other picture!
U know wich one LOL
11-13-06-12.jpg

Dan & Mike " i can read ur lips mike"   NO!!!!!!
11-13-06-13.jpg

Man that Flash is Bright !!!!! & whats going on back there ?
11-13-06-14.jpg

the eyes tell all ....
i need a better picture!
11-13-06-15.jpg

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! (for posting pics, and for not posting that one of me!!!)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
Oh so you should look less stupid than the rest of us?! LOL!

Yea, really!!!!! POST IT STEVE!!!!!!
Last time I make a silly face at the camera. Geeze....ruin my modeling career why don't ya. :lol:

Trust me as soon as i get more pictures from Renee i will post them
it's all good u have to have those shots sooner or later u will start bringing
ur camera & trying to get pictures of me !
& dont forget i have not forgoten about Merv he got me good & i will get him back

LOL.