• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NOW THAT WAS SOME STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW THAT WAS SOME STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For all you guys that came to the meeting you know how my property is laid out. Well about 3 O'clock last night a bolt of lightining hit a monsterous tree about 1/2 way up our driveway :eek:. Now thats about 200 ft. from our house. Well, went I went outside this morning to survey the damage I found pieces of the tree up on our front porch and up against our garage. now i'm not talkin little pieces of kindling, a couple of pieces were about 10 to 12 ft. long and easly 30 lbs. :eek: Of course we lost power due to the fact that the tree was only about 10 ft. from our main underground power supply.
So anyway around 10 O'clock this moring i decided to get the generator out, and would'nt you know it just like last week, as soon as i started it JCPL came down the road and with 10 minutes had me back up and runnin ;D Sorry for the run on sentence, I did'nt get much sleep last night :mad:

You ain't kidding... I had to go down to the end of my block today to get my recyclables container since the water rushing down the mountain carried it away. My neighbors garbage pails and recyclables containers were all in a heap. lol. Woke me up about 4am here. I just watched everything get washed away from my window. hehe.. Glad I don't live at the bottom house. Has to be about a 1000 plastic bottles over there.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
My little dog is scared of thunder.

Everytime the thunder clapped, he moved closer to me. I actually fell asleep for a few minutes and woke up and he was inside my colon.

Weird.

;)

Bummer Stan! Glad that everything is OK.

Like the others I just had to deal with a frightened dog and the noise kept me from getting back to sleep for awhile.

A good day to skip painting I think!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm with your Francis....It rained last night? My yard was as dry as a popcorn fart!

jerseydiablo said:
I was actually a little scared last night, the thunder here was so constant, sometimes going for minutes without stopping

It was interesting how the thunder just did not stop. Reminds me of home...... (FL)

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, that had to be one of the worst storms I have seen in a long long time. The lightning is what actually woke me up...It was so bright and constant...I thought Steve68 snuck into our house and was snapping candid shots of us in our sleep :p We even had our shades down! Remarkably, our dogs were pretty silent...which is a first.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I couldn't believe it didn't wake our kids up. I kept expecting one of them to climb into bed with us. The 16 yr. old this morning told me she had considered it but didn't want to leave her sleeping 9 yr. old sister. ;)

We lost power for a little bit, just long enough for the tank main tank to overflow the sump and pour out about 15 gal. onto our Pergo floor. Our garage flooded too. Oh well, life goes on. ;)