• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nuvo 200INT Dream tank, (a build thread and I can't write a Thread)

Hi guys and gals.
here is my try at writing a thread for my build, I can't write like Paul B. but I will do my best.

Equipment.

Nuvo 200Int. Pending Shipping on the first week of August.
Fiji sump 36 advance. Owned
Aqua Ultraviolet 57 watt. Owned.
Icecap algae scrubber med. Owned
Skimmer eshopps S-200. Owned
C02 scrubber if need it. Owned
Floss media for mechanical filtration into a finish the 2 bags then will move to a fleece roller, I will love to try one of those. Owned
Media reactor for Carbon and gfo when need it. Owned
Calcium reactor. Owned
I’m thinking about feeding the media reactor, calcium reactor, uv sterilizer, and algae scrubber with a manifold. Owned
Return pump will be an echotech Vectra m2. Owned
Circulation will be a 4k gyres and 2 MP40s for now. Owned
Lighting will be a 60” t5s hybrid with 2 Kessil AP9X LED Lights. Missing the T5s
Kalkwasser stirrer Avast K2. Owned
Apex Controller with a bunch of modules. Owned.

Fish.
one spot fox face. Owned
Purple Tang. Owned
Tomini Tang. Owned
Coral Beauty. Owned
Swallowtail Angelfish Owned
2 Blue chromis. Owned
Yellow watchman goby Owned
Purple dottyback Owned
Green clown goby Owned
Yasha White Ray Shrimp Goby Owned
Barnacle Blenny. Owned.
2 Pajamas cardinals Owned.
oops I forgot my wrasses
1 six line wrasse Owned
1 Yellow cory wrasse Owned
1 Ornate Leopard wrasse Owned
for the fish that I want and I don't own I will try to get them to be captive breed if possible.
fish that I want
swallowtail Angelfish male
Yellow watchman goby
2 Purple dottyback
another tang
green mandarin pair.
2 or 3 more wrasses

any advice or criticism is more than welcome

Last edited:
for maintenance I will try to fallow reef moonshiners, dose trace elements as need it
water change 10% every 2 months.
run carbon 1 week once a month.
GFO as Need it.
dose 2 parts into the calcium reactor is need it to run.
I never ran a algae scrubber so is going to be a new thing for me.
feed fish 2 times a day with half of a nori sheet.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Ver nice, looking forward to watching the progress of the build. Are you starting new or upgrading from a smaller tank?

Ver nice, looking forward to watching the progress of the build. Are you starting new or upgrading from a smaller tank?
is an upgrade from a 120g, and the new tank will be going in the new place, I have the feeling this transfer is going to be an adventure, most of my corals I will frag, and not all the rock from the 120g will be use

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Good luck with the transfer sounds like you have a nice plan put together already. Are you moving a sand bed?

Good luck with the transfer sounds like you have a nice plan put together already. Are you moving a sand bed?
lmao @mnat plan for transfer not even close, for the sand I will only use probably a scoop or two from my old sand after that all new sand, and for the transfer I am thinking on asking if someone in the club has a stock tank to rent for a couple of weeks, then transfer most of things to that tank, get rid of whatever extra I have, then set up the new tank and let it run for a couple of weeks before start transferring my fish and my corals.
and thanks for the good lucks throwing my way because I believe I am about to need a lot of it

Sand doesn't have that much bacteria in it. Live rock is where bacteria is high
The sand will be more for mixro fauna and some more bio diversity than anything else, I will just use a scoop or two that's about it, so far a bought 80 lbs of sand

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
It’s all good! No worries of drilling for the overflow box, and it has 95% of the plumbing done