• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Observation

Whenever I feed my tank my hermit crabs/thieves climb all over the corals stealing whatever morsels they can get greedy little claws on . The do this to all my corals instantly except the Dendro's. The Dendro's can have food hanging out of there mouths and the crabs walk right by like they cant smell it or know better to try and grab it. The crabs dont even react at all around the dendro's. I wonder if they release something or ?? to keep the crabs away. Anybody experience this with dendro's or other corals?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've noticed this too. The hermits also don't climb over my larger palys.
Maybe they know who has the smaller mouths?

i'm about ready to nix my hermits crabs, are they even that helpful.... tired of picking up frag disks and putting stuff back where it belongs every day.... but the crabs never bother my dendros or sun coral... now the cleaner shrimp is another story when it comes to them.....