• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Oceanic 70 Tech Tank

Well, I picked up the tank from andesimone1. Everything went smoothly with the move, tank is not up and running. all the rock is just tossed in there. will get some pictures of the sump later. I need a new pump for a nautilus TE skimmer the rio 2100 that i have now doesn't seem to be working. it cannot even fill the skimmer oddly enough. here are some pictures of the tank with the rock in it. thanks for the great tank at a great price.

Cool ... I for one always like to see sump pictures so when you get a chance how about some.
What are your plans for the tank? Other equipment details?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looking forward to the progress pics, so keep them coming! Is the rock from your other system? Is there anything else that you are going to be moving in from your last system?

a lot of the rock is from Xavier613's 30 gallon and a bunch is from my 55. picked up a mag 7 for the skimmer its working fine now. mag 18 with a ball valve on it for now as my return pump and the 6 bulb tek light as my lighting. still need to aquascape
sump is a 20L here is a picture

thenamshow said:
a lot of the rock is from Xavier613's 30 gallon and a bunch is from my 55. picked up a mag 7 for the skimmer its working fine now. mag 18 with a ball valve on it for now as my return pump and the 6 bulb tek light as my lighting. still need to aquascape
sump is a 20L here is a picture

Are you limiting the return pump with the bull valve?

I am running a MAG 12 on my 120 and I decided to dial it back with same settup as it sounded a bit like Niagra Falls. I am unsure if I want to branch another line for a reactor of some sort, run it back into the fuge, or just down size the pump, it doesn't make much sense to push so many watts without some additional benefit. Certainly the overflow can handle it but I am not sure I can and watch TV.

He had the pup fro his old 1200gph overflow setup and is trying to sell it to buy a 9.5. its just a temp thing. rockwork will be done toorrow / friday :p