• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Oceanic Tech 70 Worth the Money?

I have been wanting to upgrade from my 24gallon AP. I came across the 70 gallon Oceanic Tech series RR tank. It looks like a really nice tank and stand. Is it woth the $800 (Trop) though? I want to get the largest 36" long tank and this seems to be a good choice.

I think he meant he wanted the largest volume in a 36" tank?

I don't have the tech but I LOVED the look/size of the oceanic 70g RR tanks, I got prices from a couple places for the tank & stand (still hope to have a canopy made) and they were pretty high... ended up keeping an eye here and on RC and got a the tank and cherry stand, overflow kit, sump & skimmer & powerheads/pumps for $300 delivered!!! SCORE :D

Guess my response is, it's a great tank... I'm sure the tech (thats the special glass right?) is even better then my few year old one. If you have the money go for it, if not keep an eye out they pop up from time to time.

Aquatic Obsessions is having a sale to celebrate its anniversary...i don't think they had this particular brand but maybe you could ask them. Good luck!