• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

October Meeting Thank You

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Vilma and Keith, thanks for your hospitality. Thank God there are a group of crazy people in this club who are willing to risk life and limb to go to a fish meeting in a snow blizzard! I hope all made it home safe. Great ocean photography, very nice tank and home and, the best chili. Very enjoyable and intimate with the small crowd. Thank you once again.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I agree with Paul. On my 3+hr trip up I thought I would be the only nut show up! It was very relaxing after a long stressful trip up. I just wish I had thought to look through more of your photos. Your tank looks great and the chili was a great choice! thanks for having us

By the way, the trip home was much quicker and I heard both roads I took to get there were closed! When I arrived home, not a flake on the ground!

Vilma and Keith,

Thank you so much again for having us. The chili was excellent, the art was fantastic, and the atmosphere was very relaxing and soothing after a tough and slippery ride in.The ride home was however much easier as Taz said. I was actually surprised to see as many people as I did when I walked in. I had assumed a lot of people would not be able to make it because of the weather but its good to know Im not the only crazy one!

It was great seeing everyone there and was definatly a good, relaxing time.

Thank you again!

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
Guys:

Thank you for holding this meeting for the most intrepid of our NJReefers. We risked life and limb knowing full well that there was piping hot chili, cold beer and 15 year old scotch at the end of our journey (not to mention the extreme hospitality of our hosts). What we lacked in quantity of turn out, we made up for in the quality of the spirits of the dedicated bunch that did manage the trip.

Thanks again, Keith and Vilma.

Herb

It was a hoot!! Glad to have everyone, thank you for bringing your warmth & cheer to our home and we enjoyed hosting the meeting. Too bad the weather was so BIZARRE and also glad everyone made it home safely. We'll have to do it again sometime!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm glad I was not the only crazy one. When I first got there, the lack of cars had me nervous and confused at the same time. At first I thought the meeting was canceled and I missed the post, but was relieved when I found out I was not the only one. It was was a small meeting but it was a good one. It's all about quality not quantity!

I will say, that was the most impressive RO/DI system I have ever seen! It was like a 7 or 8 stage system with booter pump and pressurized storage tank and a whole saltwater mixing station with 4 brutes!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Who had the luck with the raffles? I know we ordered from Cherry corals so it must have been nice stuff!

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I do wish I could have maid the meeting. But I would like to see some photos of the meeting.
Dan

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I do wish I could have maid the meeting. But I would like to see some photos of the meeting.
Dan

Vilma and Keith's house looked like this: :grin:

snow-drift-cottage.jpg