• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Octopus PRO 250 Skimmer - Anybody have one?

you may want to wait on this skimmer a bit as ive read on RC and SWF.com that Coralvue is making some chnages on the volute of the pump . some have also said they're not pulling the air adverstied . you can email jason at PA or coral vue . they usually answer right away. please let me know if you hear anything as i've been considering this skimmer also. have you considered te MSX skimmers?

Saw an MSX (not yet in use) last night. Order was incomplete and it was delivered with a small crack. Looks like a nice skimmer but after reading the RC thread it looks like they have some issues too.

Ah... pursuit of the ultimate skimmer. It's right up there with the quest for the Holy Grail and the search for the fountain of youth! ;D

I haven't seen a 250 pro, but I've had a 200NW that I had to exchange for a 150NW due to size limitations.

Both arrived in great shape and I am very happy with the 150NW. The quality is excellent.

The only sure thing in this hobby is you will always find someone on RC who is bashing the skimmer you are considering. ;)

Singlemalt said:
Saw an MSX (not yet in use) last night. Order was incomplete and it was delivered with a small crack. Looks like a nice skimmer but after reading the RC thread it looks like they have some issues too.
this is true... they actually have a thread on RC with instructions on how to mod your msx after you receive it !! looks like most people replace the air line and have to mod the mesh wheel and sometimes the secci pumps. some people had to send back the pump as it never started!! I amazed that a company can sell skimmer for $500 - $600 yet its obvious they still need to work done.. for the price these things should just be "plug-n-play"....I'mleaning towards the pro 250

Agreed but there is a fairly big price difference. The Pro is $500 and the MSX only $360. Still torn but I guess I better figure it out before the Group Buy ends!!!