• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Opinions on new product - 1" SQWD

blange3 said:
Sounds like some good imporvements, but I don't think they justify the amount of the price increase unless the amount of flow reduction has decreased dramatically as well.

They have a good chart for flow losses with the 3/4" model on their site, but I couldn't even find a mention of the 1" model. Even though you can find them for sale with no problems.

That may be a red flag! Don't you think?

If people are selling them already as new as they are? ...

blange3 said:
Sounds like some good imporvements, but I don't think they justify the amount of the price increase unless the amount of flow reduction has decreased dramatically as well.

They have a good chart for flow losses with the 3/4" model on their site, but I couldn't even find a mention of the 1" model. Even though you can find them for sale with no problems.

That flow chart is no where near the real reduction in flow...

As an update, I ended up getting the new 1" model. I am anticipating needing only moderate flow for this tank and the convenience and price is big for me right now. This model certainly is a helluva lot bigger then the 3/4".

Now if I can just get my s#@t together and finish this plumbing, I will have more info. on it soon.

I had a 3/4" SQWD on my 10 gallon. It really impeded the flow on my closed loop. Ticked me off, 'cause I then had to scrap all the plumbing I made. :mad:

I ended up selling it and buying a Koralia nano to match the one I already had in my 10 gallon nano. With the Koralias aimed at one another, the flow pulses well and randomly. Watching my GSP, you would think I had a wavemaker!