• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ORA Pearlberry Placement

Currently i've relocated my ORA pearlberry frag to the top of my tank in very high flow and it's growing like crazy. only thing is i'm not really noticing any polyp extension. Just was wondering where everyone else is placing their Pearlberry's?

We have ours in the middle of the 20g tank, medium flow full light (5 bulb t-5 fixture). We don't really see a ton of polyp extension during the day, really only when I throw in oyster eggs in the evening. It is one of the few corals that survived our crash and still has good color.

I have had good growth in the middle level of the tank (more than a year). It doesn't get the green coloration, only the blue and white. I moved a branch way up high in the tank and that has developed the green with blue tips coloration. I think it's a pretty hardy coral.

Pearlbeery was one of my favorites and mine had grown into a sizeable colony placed midway in the tank until an invasion of AEFW did it in.....

Doing great in the middle of my tank w/ med flow & lots of light. I also kept mine on the sand bed for the first few weeks.