• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Orange Monti Cap Question

So I have an Orande Monti Cap that is growing so big and so quickly that the bottom middle, where it is getting no light because of how it is growing, is starting to turn white and die. Is this normal?? Will this make the rest of the cap die??

If the mid is getting no light and dying i dont think it will effect the rest of it.The new growth should be fine. Can you move it in to better light? Maybe its time to frag ;D

Nickjr000 said:
If the mid is getting no light and dying i dont think it will effect the rest of it.The new growth should be fine. Can you move it in to better light? Maybe its time to frag ;D

No...moving it won't help....It's the way its growing. It's shading out the bottom middle on it own. I'd hate to frag it because it looks awesome!!

This is a timely question. FWIW this same exact issue has started to happen with my Green Cap, so I am going to guess it is normal.