• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Orange/ Sunkist Bounce Rhodactus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I bought this from a felloe reefer as an Orange bounce, but was told that it is a Sunkist, either way $100, pickup in Chester NJ

Attachments

• bounce3.jpg
    bounce3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Salted

NJRC Member
Hey that looks familiar lol

Glad they did well for you. Meanwhile mine just keeps getting bigger and not splitting.
Actually it came from you through me. Chris picked it up for me. It’s doing well. I should have gotten a uranium from you too. Anyway, it split for me and I sold the split to Chris. Then it split in his tank. After the first split mine is now doing what yours is, ie getting big but hasn’t split again. I believe Chris’ is doing the same. I’ve been wondering it moving it from tank to tank and it it being in a new environment triggers something in them. I’ve thought about maybe trading back with Chris as an experiment to see if it causes another split.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Actually it came from you through me. Chris picked it up for me. It’s doing well. I should have gotten a uranium from you too. Anyway, it split for me and I sold the split to Chris. Then it split in his tank. After the first split mine is now doing what yours is, ie getting big but hasn’t split again. I believe Chris’ is doing the same. I’ve been wondering it moving it from tank to tank and it it being in a new environment triggers something in them. I’ve thought about maybe trading back with Chris as an experiment to see if it causes another split.
I think you may be onto something. Mine split almost immediately and now is just getting bigger. I think the real reason you want to trade again is that you like the rock it's on LOL:p:)

Haha I have been doing the EXACT same thing with my jawbreaker it has moved to 3 different tanks recently. I still have a uranium but it is doing the samething along with a magic carpet.

This rock is a sight to behold in person they all overlap each other and end up about 4 inches across.

20220728_143029.jpg

Salted

NJRC Member
I think you may be onto something. Mine split almost immediately and now is just getting bigger. I think the real reason you want to trade again is that you like the rock it's on LOL:p:)
Mine is on a nice rock too, along with two beautiful forest fire rhodactis. Btw, the other one finally split, so you’ll be getting the one I promised you. Anyway, either way I can remove my rock, if yours isn’t locked in place we should give this a try. Trade, see if the new tank causes a split, and trade back.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Mine is on a nice rock too, along with two beautiful forest fire rhodactis. Btw, the other one finally split, so you’ll be getting the one I promised you. Anyway, either way I can remove my rock, if yours isn’t locked in place we should give this a try. Trade, see if the new tank causes a split, and trade back.
I sold one of mine and thought I could just cut a piece of the rock off like you did with the frag- really pissed one of the bounce off, so I ended up splitting the rock in half - I should have done this a week or so ago- so I'll see what the one looks like in a week or so- the other one ( one sold looks fine- and on a nice chunk of rock too ) The bounce I have left is on a small piece of rubble- maybe it will split again- ( @Salted's theory for splitting of pissed off corals :) )

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Sale fell through, Sunkist bounce is still available- just one, pic is of 2. I'll post a new pic of the one on the chunk of rock tomorrow. @Salted , maybe we can still trade :) . The guy thought I was going to sell both for $100 LOL

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Does anyone think I was selling 2 frags for $100? If so, I need to be able to circle stuff with a pen in pics- I just thought it was obvious, a pic of 2, but a post for A frag- I'm generous, but not stupid

Does anyone think I was selling 2 frags for $100? If so, I need to be able to circle stuff with a pen in pics- I just thought it was obvious, a pic of 2, but a post for A frag- I'm generous, but not stupid
Just to clarify I in no way thought it was both. You stated Sunkist bounce if it was more than one I would expect to see two sunkists. 100 is more than a fair price for that mushroom.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Just to clarify I in no way thought it was both. You stated Sunkist bounce if it was more than one I would expect to see two sunkists. 100 is more than a fair price for that mushroom.
Thank you, This guy attacked me and said I was being greedy because he thought he was getting 2 for $100, and thought I changed it up after finding out what it was. I bought it for $100, it split and I want to sell one for $100 and keep the other, plus it's on a nice chunk of rock. If it splits again, I might sell one for less - or not lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.