• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Out of Power and COULD BE FOR 7 DAYS - ANYONE HAVE A GENERATOR I CAN RENT TEMPORARILY TO SAVE TANK?

Lost my pump to the hang on fuge, but otherwise everything else is fine. Wishing you all best of luck.

Last edited:
Hang on folks. A recent report says after a ten day break the storms are going to be coming fast and furious.

The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season, already busy through early August, could be one of the most active on record, according to an outlook released Wednesday by Colorado State University.
The CSU outlook calls for 24 named storms, 12 of which are expected to become hurricanes, and five of those hurricanes becoming major hurricanes – Category 3 or higher (115-plus-mph winds) on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.

This forecast is almost double the 30-year (1981-2010) average of 13 named storms, seven hurricanes and three major hurricanes and is four storms, three hurricanes and one major hurricane more than its last outlook issued in early July.

Of course it my first summer on the water.

Hang on folks. A recent report says after a ten day break the storms are going to be coming fast and furious.

The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season, already busy through early August, could be one of the most active on record, according to an outlook released Wednesday by Colorado State University.
The CSU outlook calls for 24 named storms, 12 of which are expected to become hurricanes, and five of those hurricanes becoming major hurricanes – Category 3 or higher (115-plus-mph winds) on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.

This forecast is almost double the 30-year (1981-2010) average of 13 named storms, seven hurricanes and three major hurricanes and is four storms, three hurricanes and one major hurricane more than its last outlook issued in early July.

Of course it my first summer on the water.
Uggh Mother Nature is pissed this year/ guess she’s not happy with 2020 either, to many bad things going on lately and if we don’t change it and fix it , the powers above will step in and do it their way. Wipe it all out and start again,
We’re leaving our children an awful mess to clean up
I blame the snowflakes and trump

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
If we could give the storms Covid, they would have to quarantine, and they would most certainly go away by then!
As I finished typing that, I thought Covid Hyppodermic Weather Bombs may actually be a government plan.

Regardless, I'm picking up a generator while I can. We lost power for 18 hours. Better safe than sorry.

If we could give the storms Covid, they would have to quarantine, and they would most certainly go away by then!
As I finished typing that, I thought Covid Hyppodermic Weather Bombs may actually be a government plan.

Regardless, I'm picking up a generator while I can. We lost power for 18 hours. Better safe than sorry.
Good idea I’ll be doing same thing soon,, never wanna worry that much again about my tank

Just wanted to update everyone and potentially save some livestock in the future.

Originally I started out with the wire from the car to the tank. Didn't pan out so well for the long term. Installed an air stone and ran it 24/7.

Realizing on day 3 without power I might be in deep ****, and I couldn't just keep running my return for 3-4 hours a day 2x on my car, I looked elsewhere.

I bought the $100 1000W inverter from Walmart (ended up getting it for $43 because they had it priced improperly on the shelf. 1 little victory this year).

Went to Pepboys and bought a Marine battery (doesn't need an alternator to keep charge, will stay alive longer then a normal battery) for $109 out the door. Plugged in my power strip and was able to run my return, mp40, mp10, 2 xr15s, and protein skimmer at around 287W.

The battery maintained it's life until I got power back yesterday (2 days I ran it), and I returned the battery back to Pepboys and was refunded.

So all in all, for $50-100 that set up, after returning the battery if you choose to or not, can save a tank in the future without running a car, generator, long extension, etc.