• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ozone hooked up Now I wait and see

I ended up putting an Ozotech Poseidon 200 on my tank run through my skimmer and drawing fresh air from outside. Curious if I will still need an air dryer desiccant. Im curious to see what this does to my water. Currently ORP is 286. Looking for 350 ish. I have my Neptune programmed to take care of the on off cycle. I have heard it will turn your tinted water crystal clear and also may assist with coral toxins in tank from coral warfare. I guess I will see. Anyone else running ozone? What’s your take

So I am a big believer now. Here are 2 pictures side by side. Right side pre ozone water change Left picture water change with ozone. What a difference!

Attachments

• DFA2BFD6-3203-4B6A-B2E5-C3A40307B28D.jpeg
    DFA2BFD6-3203-4B6A-B2E5-C3A40307B28D.jpeg
    691.1 KB · Views: 15

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I saw Amazon sells some type of Ozone bubbler for $50; it gets hooked up to an air pump. Who wants bubble sin their reef tank? Not sure if placing sump would be viable.

This is not a bubbler. This is an ozone generator that injects ozone into the water column via my skimmer, which clears up the yellow water,l. Also helps with coral warfare by neutralizing the toxins with ozone. I definitely would not want an air bubbler in my tank. The unit I have is the Ozotech Poseidon 200 generator. I also noticed a boost in my Par since my water clarity has gotten that much better.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
This is not a bubbler. This is an ozone generator that injects ozone into the water column via my skimmer, which clears up the yellow water,l. Also helps with coral warfare by neutralizing the toxins with ozone. I definitely would not want an air bubbler in my tank. The unit I have is the Ozotech Poseidon 200 generator. I also noticed a boost in my Par since my water clarity has gotten that much better.
Understood, I think the one I mentioned can also be hooked to a skimmer.
FishCheers Aquarium Ozone Generator 200mg/h Ozonizer for 132-1056 Gallon Fish Tank Saltwater and Freshwater-US Plug(110V/60HZ)

I must say it is very easy and makes a world of difference in water clarity. I would suggest the Poseidon 200 from Ozotech. It can handle very large tanks. Make sure you are monitoring your ORP to adjust your ozone to what range you want. I have mine ozone at 2 or only 20% and it does a fine job my orp is lowest at night 280 and during the day as high as 380. I can make that higher if I just dial up my ozone, but I see no need right now. Also I have my ozone hooked into my skimmer which is ozone. compatible. Make sure if you do this your skimmer is ozone compatible or it will degrade the parts. Silicone hoses are ozone safe so if you’re going to use hose try to use silicone. I only run my ozone at night. I do smell ozone when it’s on but nobody is in my basement at night anyway and as bad as people say it is I’m sore out “hobby” grade units aren’t that dangerous. You can also run carbon if you’re worried about ozone. One other thing if your room has a lot of humidity get ozone dryer beads to absorb the moisture which will make your unit much more efficient. Once the the beads change color and are exhausted all you have to do is heat them up and reuse them. Here’s some pictures hope you can make sense of them

Attachments

• 2941E3CD-506C-4D04-AC7D-7AED305AADD9.png
    2941E3CD-506C-4D04-AC7D-7AED305AADD9.png
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • 4360EE71-C478-4A7D-8475-9AA9009286F2.png
    4360EE71-C478-4A7D-8475-9AA9009286F2.png
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • 425BCA33-CBEA-43E6-942C-7C332D87CEBD.png
    425BCA33-CBEA-43E6-942C-7C332D87CEBD.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 0442B692-884E-4F32-A86F-8AACA57B41F0.png
    0442B692-884E-4F32-A86F-8AACA57B41F0.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
  • F935D9C6-2C8F-4D44-B2E8-B98B96D4573E.png
    F935D9C6-2C8F-4D44-B2E8-B98B96D4573E.png
    3 MB · Views: 10
I must say it is very easy and makes a world of difference in water clarity. I would suggest the Poseidon 200 from Ozotech. It can handle very large tanks. Make sure you are monitoring your ORP to adjust your ozone to what range you want. I have mine ozone at 2 or only 20% and it does a fine job my orp is lowest at night 280 and during the day as high as 380. I can make that higher if I just dial up my ozone, but I see no need right now. Also I have my ozone hooked into my skimmer which is ozone. compatible. Make sure if you do this your skimmer is ozone compatible or it will degrade the parts. Silicone hoses are ozone safe so if you’re going to use hose try to use silicone. I only run my ozone at night. I do smell ozone when it’s on but nobody is in my basement at night anyway and as bad as people say it is I’m sore out “hobby” grade units aren’t that dangerous. You can also run carbon if you’re worried about ozone. One other thing if your room has a lot of humidity get ozone dryer beads to absorb the moisture which will make your unit much more efficient. Once the the beads change color and are exhausted all you have to do is heat them up and reuse them. Here’s some pictures hope you can make sense of them
Appreciate your detailed tutorial
I had some idea of using and made everything clear