• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Painting Acrylic ?

Is there any type of paint I can use to paint plexiglass/lexan?

I made a new set of corner overflows from clear acrylic ( it was free).

Andy

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
fusion (krylon or rustolume?) paint is specially formulated for plastics

You could paint the overflows with paint, as mentioned above. But why? The whole think will get over grown with coraline algae in a few months or so.

Phyl said:
Can it be used IN-tank, that you know of, Rich?
i used to have a sump that is typically a water trough for cows, you know the kind from rubbermaid. i painted the inside white with that paint. i let it cure in the sun for a week and ran it for a couple of years without a problem. i ran extra carbon the first month just to be sure. coralline grew on it as if it were plastic. it kinda bonds with the plastic.

Not sure how safe krylon is but I know of a company called "plasti-cote,same type of paint and called the company and they said not saltwater safe(I wanted to paint magnets)if krylon is safe for saltwater,I will use that.I will cont to follow this thread,gd luck in yr search :)