• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Paul’s 10g Nano reef

Hey boys, am currently a week into my cycle and I have just now thought about posting here. Basically I have a standard 10 g, some Koralia PH. A marineland penguin 100 mini and a marina 100 watt heater. I currently have the Orbit Marine Pro LED strip lighting the bad boy. This is my first real tank so I’m gonna keep simple, a pair of clownfish and mostly softies/zoas. Am ghosting feeding, about 5 pounds of dry rock but all live sand. :) Nanooooo my test kit comes on Saturday, so no definite results till then. Diatoms have come a bit early but I DID accidentally leave my lights on full power for three days straight, oops. :(

xBopT1S
Amm/trite was zero so I got this guy :)

Attachments

• CF0BF382-8337-415E-AE87-6CF24A247918.jpeg
    CF0BF382-8337-415E-AE87-6CF24A247918.jpeg
    659.4 KB · Views: 15

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Gratz on the startup!
Slow and steady :)
A pair of clowns is tight for 10g, just keep up on the water changes.
Where are you located?

Gratz on the startup!
Slow and steady :)
A pair of clowns is tight for 10g, just keep up on the water changes.
Where are you located?
I’m right in AC, near the inlet. :) Yeah I’m trying to keep up water changed ASAP. I need to buy some RO water, and eventually a unit. :D

345B92B8-85DB-4173-A1E5-1A1A5DD4FF3B.jpeg Welp, got home from work today to see my clown had jumped out of my tank sometime during the day. Not really sure what the problem is but I definitely have to get some kind of roof for the tank. All of my params are in check. Is this normal behavior for a clown? Also here is a full tank shot.

Attachments

• 5A4EA5DC-00E0-4CA3-B9E1-889749E86BBF.jpeg
    5A4EA5DC-00E0-4CA3-B9E1-889749E86BBF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Not really but happens. My clown saw the food, I assume, and jumped out in front of me. I was able to put it back in the tank.

Not really but happens. My clown saw the food, I assume, and jumped out in front of me. I was able to put it back in the tank.
Maybe my dog was in the room or something? I don’t know but I’m gonna have to figure out a cover to put on. Ill probably get another clown in a few days.