• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Paul's 10 Gallon Reefg

Hmm don't know where to start, I don't have a lot of experience with reef tanks other than running a 10 gallon reef last year for a few months which just died because of my ignorance. So I'm going to pretend that never happened and start fresh with knoweledge from guides and this website. I'll probably have a pair of clowns in here and a couple pieces of beginners coral (some zoas, GSP, some others). Also will have a shrimp and MAYBE an anemone down the line.
My specs are
Orbit marine LED bar
5 pounds of (Fiji?) live rock
10 pounds of arag black sand
Some decent HOB filter
Koralia 425 gph power head
Marineland 90 watt heater
Some random 10 gallon tank.
I think that's all for equipment don't want to get too complicated with skimmers or crazy sumps.
Will probably get tank in a couple of days and from there will start cycle. (Wish me luck) :)

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hmm don't know where to start, I don't have a lot of experience with reef tanks other than running a 10 gallon reef last year for a few months which just died because of my ignorance. So I'm going to pretend that never happened and start fresh with knoweledge from guides and this website. I'll probably have a pair of clowns in here and a couple pieces of beginners coral (some zoas, GSP, some others). Also will have a shrimp and MAYBE an anemone down the line.
My specs are
Orbit marine LED bar
5 pounds of (Fiji?) live rock
10 pounds of arag black sand
Some decent HOB filter
Koralia 425 gph power head
Marineland 90 watt heater
Some random 10 gallon tank.
I think that's all for equipment don't want to get too complicated with skimmers or crazy sumps.
Will probably get tank in a couple of days and from there will start cycle. (Wish me luck) :)

Welcome back. Don't pretend your tank from last year never happen. Even though it didn't work out your learn what not to do lol.

Share pictures and don't be forget to ask questions. This site has great members who are always willing to help

Welcome to your re-boot paulster! When you start putting it together, please include pictures.
Ofc, I don't have a $1500 dlsr camera though so don't expect some amazing 4K images.
Welcome back. Don't pretend your tank from last year never happen. Even though it didn't work out your learn what not to do lol.

Share pictures and don't be forget to ask questions. This site has great members who are always willing to help
I feel bad though, was impatient and filled the livestock before cycle completed, didn't completely refill water when the first thing died, just a lot of carelessness.
I was running a 10g IM for about a year. The biggest issue i had was keeping it topped off properly. I even built a DIY skimmer for it too.
Yeah Ik if I remember one thing it evaporated like an inch per day so if I didn't add water for like 4-5 days it would be like mid powerhead. Such a pain :(

IMG_5232.JPG Soooo I went to Lfs and scrounged about some of my old equipment and now have everything I need. Well that's what I thought until I got back and realized I had bought no live or dry rock whatsoever. But I got a 10 gallon and a bag of live sand 10 bucks each :). Will finally set up on either Friday or Saturday. This is ofcourse after I get rock :p