• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

PBT is MIA

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Sadly, I have not seen my Powder Blue Tang in a few days. It was doing fine for a while so not sure what happened. Tank has a screen cover but sometimes when feeding forget to put back timely. If it jumed not in front or sides; back only has 1 inch gap between wall and I cannot see behind the tank and stand.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
that sucks, i hate noticing a fish disappearing and not knowing what happened.

how stocked is your tank with clean up crews? snails, shrimps, hermits? in my experience, they can go through a whole fish that past away pretty quickly if they have the numbers in the tank. you'll probably only ever notice is if you see some cartilage get pushed somewhere you can see.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
what?!?!?!?! huge fish disappeared????

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have have plenty of snails not to many crabs, a CBS and a Fire shrimp. I do have a few conch and serpent stars. I assume they took care of the carcass.
i don't see how it could of jumped without me noticing.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I had a yellow tang jump out, would not have believed it if I hadn't found the dried up body in the morning. Of course it happened right before they closed down Hawaii, so too rich for my pocket book to replace it right now, It did get me to buy a lid though. ;)