• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pearly Jawfish

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I've had mine for about 6 months and after taking a while to decide where it wanted to make it's cave has been happy ever since- would hover over the cave, eating fine- even traveling to the other side of the tank for morsels. It stopped eating 4 days ago and rarely comes out of the cave. Don't know what to do

anything in the tank that could be bullying it?

i have a tomini tang that was cool with every other fish in the tank but he didn't like the pearly jawfish or sand sifting goby at all.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
anything in the tank that could be bullying it?

i have a tomini tang that was cool with every other fish in the tank but he didn't like the pearly jawfish or sand sifting goby at all.
No bullying, my Tomini gets along with everybody

i've lost a dusky jawfish before sorry to say he went kind of like that. lived in his lair for years and then stopped coming out. i think he may have attempted to move at some point but after that i never saw him again.

my yellowhead i lost in a prolonged power outage. died while i was out picking up a generator from a friend.

sorry to be a downer, good luck with your jawfish. dusky's are my all time favorite fish i've kept.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
i've lost a dusky jawfish before sorry to say he went kind of like that. lived in his lair for years and then stopped coming out. i think he may have attempted to move at some point but after that i never saw him again.

my yellowhead i lost in a prolonged power outage. died while i was out picking up a generator from a friend.

sorry to be a downer, good luck with your jawfish. dusky's are my all time favorite fish i've kept.
The past few days it's been sleeping more- going down early and getting up late- still hasn't taken the 'lid' off today