• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Peppermint Shrimp

Do they really eat Aiptasia? I have read this before but I never knew if it was true? I have a few and I can just hit them with my dremmel, but it would be easier to use a natural solution.

Thanks in advance-
Keith

I have 3 of them in my son's 55 gal and they wipe out about 30 of them in a couple of weeks. And once their gone the peppermints will eat whatever you feed your fish. Mine go crazy for the spectrum pellets.

C

concept3

yes, they do work, i kept 2 in my old frag tank (which I never fed) and they wiped them out

Trop had a nice little Copperband come in that was eating and very happy so he is now about to adjust to life in my reef. I'll see how good of a job he does. Then I may order some Peppermint shrimp with the Reeftopia buy.

My peppermints totally got rid of the aiptasia I had, got on some live rock I bought. I'm going to order some more Peppermints, don't want to ever see another aiptasia anenome.

edwin

My coperband butterfly eats it in my tank. I have half a dozen peppermint shrimp in my tank but haven't ever seen them eat it but I do know they usually will eat it.