• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

pest on live rock or not..<pictures>

after about 4 months of have some live rock im starting to find thing lol anyone know what it could be looks like a slug to me but not to sure its swells up and if i tip on the glasss it flatens out 25434074_1764395540266786_1357378589_o.jpg

Any chance of a better picture? Almost looks like a stomatella snail to me but really hard to see. Also looks like some aiptasia in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a nudi...I can't confirm if it is and I can't tell if it's reef safe....may wanna remove it just to be safe

erics210

NJRC Member
everything has a place in certain tanks. do you have any valuable corals that may be at risk?
If so I agree- pull them or quaratine them.

Have you ever witnessed them crawling around or are they stationary? They almost look like sponges to me, especially the orange one.

I definitely am thinking some species of sponges or tunicates. They shouldn’t cause any problems and will end up with a self limiting population since they are filter feeders.