• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Petco in Brick nj

I know, I know, it sounds insane but let me explain. Andrew is the head aquatics expert who is a real deal certified Marine Biologist who studied and interned at the Baltimore Aquarium and Camden Aquarium for a long time. He knows his stuff and is quite knowledgeable, so much so that the brick petco location is the 5th best selling petco out of over 1500 locations world wide. Petco has given andrew a free run of the fish department to order and sell what ever he thinks will work and sell. I have bought countless things from them, things you wouldnt expect a usually lacking giant chain to have, like nice duncan corals, pompom xenia, bubble anemones, mandarin gobys,diamond gobys, clowns, snails, crabs n inverts etc.... as of monday july 29th they tore out the entire salt water section and have decided to remodel, upgrade the system and almost double it, as well as the coral section. When ever I have had an issue or outbreak in my reef tank andrew has been there 100% to help me diagnose and treat it. I'm a huge fan of local mom and pop stores and helping the little guy, but I'm also a huge fan of someone who takes so much pride and interest in their profession and helps you everytime with no problem. Andrew is a huge part of the reef community in my area and myself and a few of my reefing friends turn to him often. Dont be so quick to count out the local brick petco.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
There are alot of folks here that love that Petco in Brick. Personally I've never been but have heard a lot of good things about it.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have heard many great things about the Brick petco from members who live in the area. Even my local Petco (Englishtown and Freehold) speak highly of Andrew. I hope to get to Brick once the remodeling is done.

BTW Welcome to NJRC!!!! Hope to see you at ACC Bash. If you do go, please introduce yourself to us

I have heard many great things about the Brick petco from members who live in the area. Even my local Petco (Englishtown and Freehold) speak highly of Andrew. I hope to get to Brick once the remodeling is done.

BTW Welcome to NJRC!!!! Hope to see you at ACC Bash. If you do go, please introduce yourself to us
Thank you, I'm unaware of the acc bash?!?! What and when is that? Yes I Andrew is very quiet at first but once you get to know each other his knowledge is so ridiculous and abundant. The man is more than helpful.

Yea do yourself a favor and go check it out and meet Andrew

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey Bricknick,
Welcome aboard. Shame it wasnt two weeks back, we had a meet over at my place off Jack Martin.
Anyways, you're preaching to the choir. Andrew knows most of us by name :)
ACC is Aquarium Care Center, they're located out in Ocean on Rt 35, they're having a party this month as they do every year, worth getting out there.
And I don't know if you've been in Petco this week. I dropped in today and the entire saltwater section has been removed. They're installing new tanks and sumps and they hope to be back up and running mid/late August.

Hey Bricknick,
Welcome aboard. Shame it wasnt two weeks back, we had a meet over at my place off Jack Martin.
Anyways, you're preaching to the choir. Andrew knows most of us by name :)
ACC is Aquarium Care Center, they're located out in Ocean on Rt 35, they're having a party this month as they do every year, worth getting out there.
And I don't know if you've been in Petco this week. I dropped in today and the entire saltwater section has been removed. They're installing new tanks and sumps and they hope to be back up and running mid/late August.
Yes I was in there this week, I seen the saltwater section gone and the tiny coral section still housing some leftovers. I'm am familiar with ACC I just didn't know anything about the party.

Andrew is awesome and has a nice little gig over at his Brick Petco. I have bought from him before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
my yellow tang was from the Brick petco. it was so healthy and is still thriving til this day !! it was the only Petco I've ever been to that had that many corals in good health. cant wait til it's back up and running!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Nice to see they finally upgraded, I know Andrew was talking about it for a while.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hate to see that Freshwater tank at the end. Would be nice for a whole wall of marine.
Also, for those of you who remember Larry, who used to work with Andrew, I bumped into him today. He gave a generic Hi to the club folks.

EZreefin

NJRC Member
I live in Brick also and go there usually once a week for the delivery days! Lol I speak to him often, Great guy! He even special orders coral or fish if I'm hunting something specific down that I can't find. A little tip about Petco a lot of people don't know... They price match! I just bought a preset Aqueon heater, $26 dollars retail, Amazon had it for $10.99.....I paid $10.99. As long as its a verified website they will price match!