• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Petco: Walk out the door and there is no guarantee on marine life

Subliminal

NJRC Member
This blew me away. Bought some stuff this weekend, got home and 3 out of 4 things alive. Been in the tank and thriving. The Cleaner shrimp I bought...by far the most expensive of the lot...looking real shady by the time I got home and dead within a few hours.

Contacted the store and they basically treated me like I was an idiot.

Reached out to Facebook and Twitter and the store contacted me and offered a one time only deal of a 50% discount on another cleaner shrimp. Corporate called me and informed me that the policy was the policy.

I'm just surprised...never heard of anyone NOT working with people at all.

Buyer Beware!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
What location was this? The Brick store is quite friendly with NJRC but they have Andrew and Ben from Tropaquarium working there.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
My three Petco(Middletown, Morganville, Marlboro) don't have a guarantee. If it dies 1 second after the cash register sales happens....oh well. I had gone on Petco's website this morning. The online marine store only has 3 different fishes. That I found very unusual. The Morganville store use to have 9 marine tanks. Last month they cut it down to 6

horseplay

NJRC Member
@diana a the Marlboro store is being remodeled. They selling off all the marine life. I was told the remodeling will complete in July. They have decent selection usually.