• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ph to low

ok my ph is to low ,my meter says 6.5 for 3 days i did a 25 gal water changeover , and it went up just a little and it camne down again my purple bonsay is looking very light in color and 2 other sps are the same , i shut down my calcium reactor and i stop dosing kal. everything else is looking ok ,any advice is appreciated my brain is frozen and one week to go .Im planing on doing another water change tomorrow about te same amount .

6.5? How are you measuring? When was the last time you calibrated. Ive had two different probes start drifting on me in the last week or so. If it really is that low, I would do a much larger water change and keep the kalk going.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Recalibrate the probe and then if you don't get a more normal reading then take the water outside for 15m or so, swish it around and then test it again. Double check it with a test kit.

At 6.5 you'd have corals disintegrting, so I doubt that it is really that low.

If you can verify 6.5 then keep the Ca reactor off and start the kalk reactor back up again.

yes Phyl at that low i would have a nice white reef tank and m no fish , im going to pick some calibration tomorrow after work , i will test the water outside tomorrow and see what the ph is , im also going to hook a air pump so that it will get some oxy. Phyl you think i should move my PB , to the other tank.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ralph, we had a similar problem with our pH being measured on an AquaController. It turned out, believe it or not, that we had a short in our TEMP probe and it was causing a wildly low reading on our pH probe. It was the strangest thing and took RichT's help to debug.

My only suggestion would be to not panic and over compensate for a problem until you've confirmed that it is what you think it is.

Good luck and sorry to see the Pre-Meeting curse making its way through your tank.

guys thank you for the replyes , the only reason im worry is becas i lost so many corals with in 2 months , and 3 more that are on its way but i hope not .
bUT MY PH WENT UP TO 7.6 :eek: ,a little progress but on its way , and yes my skimmer is running lets hope it gets better .

Ralph Sorry to hear about you losing corals.. Sorry can't be on your meeting as it is our 5th Wedding annivs. When you have time try to come to my house ill frag you some SPS ... glad to see your PH is rising

hey thanks Steve ,let me wait about a month and let you know when ,its ok steve family things are #1 priority .

Just hit me up with PM .. U are also one of the first person I met in this hobby 2 yrs ago..remember the MRC reactor :)... Anyway goodluck man...

Check My sps thread in RCentral :)