• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Phosphate Lvl's Really High

Phosphate reading: about 3.5 - 4.0

What can I do?

I know it is because of the tap water and i am in the process of doing a 15% water change but everything else is normal.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
1st retest the water, make sure the reading was accurate. If I am reading that right, you are using tap water for water changes? You might want to also test the tap water to see if that is the source of the phosphates. You can try things like phosban or chemipure but that really is only going to mask the problem. If the tap water is the problem, you need to find some RO water very soon. When you get someshould get some RO water and mix up a whole new batch of water. Most local LFS will sell RO water.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Run a Phosbantm Reactor (GFH - Granulated Ferric Hydroxide Oxide). Continue with water changes...assuming this is now with RO/DI water.

Its ok now i did do water changes and its all back to normal and i bought some pads to put in the canister filter so its all better

Thanks everyone for there help