• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

phosphate reactor?

Trying to get an idea who has which reactor and what they like or dislike about it. Also that size system (total gallons) you are running it on. I have heard a lot of issues with fittings leaking. Also most are rated up to 150 gallons but my total volume is more like 270

I had looked at that and was planning on getting one for phosban and one for carbon, but on another site it said it was rated for 75 gallons. I'm at 270 gallons. I would need 4 just for phosban or is the rating off

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have the TLF running on my 575g system and it keeps the PO4 in check (0 to .03). I don't need to change it any more often than once a month or so, so I'm not sure why they have such a low g rating on them for. I run mine about 1/2 full of media, maybe a little less.

I have the TLF phos reactor with an mj400 running phosban on a 40 breeder. It works great on my zoanthid tank.

I have a TLF and a Kent Marine. The Kent leaked like a (explative deleted) from day one. I siliconed the tubes into the rubber elbows TWICE, and finally gave up and superglued it. If I had to choose, I'd have bought a second TLF.