• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Photographing a bow front tank

I recently bought a bow front tank and didn't imagine that photographing would be that different until I saw all the reflections from every angle so took a ton of shots in with different settings and I would like to shared what worked for me.

Here's a picture I just took, I just did PS auto-levels and resized it.

small.jpg

Here you can see a 1:1 version
http://www.celticland.com/SW/large1-1.jpg

Here's are the specs

Hand-held shot no tripod
No Flash
Pumps, Circulation On (I forgot to turn them off)
Camera:   Canon 20D
Lens:       EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Filter:       Circular polarizer
ISO:        200
Focal Length: 57mm
Aperture: 5.6
Shutter: 1/30

Hope this helps people with Bow Fronts 'cause I was really disappointed for a while

Thanks, I does anyone know the name of that anemnone? I know it cant host anything. I have a domino damsel that actually hides on its side.

Does anyone else have one of these, its always changing positions... when the MHs are on it climbs to the highest point in the tank, when they MHs are off if kinda shrinks and hides lower within the tank.

Condy Anemone
(Condylactis gigantea)
- caribean anemone that is very hardy and very mobile. Does not host and packs a hardy ass sting be careful