• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pico 5g

It will spread on its own. Yes keeping it on an island will slow it down but my understanding is that it will spread thru means other than simply splitting. That said, You can keep it many people do. Where they make the mistake is they often see a new piece elsewhere in the display and leave it be because it’s kind of interesting that it did that. But if you remove the strays you can successfully keep it in check. However if you aren’t diligent it can take over.

A
It will spread on its own. Yes keeping it on an island will slow it down but my understanding is that it will spread thru means other than simply splitting. That said, You can keep it many people do. Where they make the mistake is they often see a new piece elsewhere in the display and leave it be because it’s kind of interesting that it did that. But if you remove the strays you can successfully keep it in check. However if you aren’t diligent it can take over.

Thank you very much sponge for the information. I had no clue that they could spread like that. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for any that may pop up!

Personally. I think it’s a spectacular coral. And I completely understand why some people hate it. But it really is mesmerizing. Best of luck. Nice tank.

Personally. I think it’s a spectacular coral. And I completely understand why some people hate it. But it really is mesmerizing. Best of luck. Nice tank.

I agree, I love this coral. I’m going to keep it in the tank and just make sure if I see any pop up elsewhere to handle it. Thank you again for the info!