• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pipefish

Not sure. I keep the sea horse tank at room temp. Right now it's about 75.
Mark 75 is pushing it please don’t let it get higher or you’ll be making seahorse soup. And who keeps 75 room temp I’d be sweating my ass off in that. Remember the Erectus is a cooler water creature and there’s no coral to worry about, bring it down to at least 73 ,, a fan or ice pk would work
Not trying to jump on you I’m ONLY thinking of the seahorses
Much respect my brother

Mark 75 is pushing it please don’t let it get higher or you’ll be making seahorse soup. And who keeps 75 room temp I’d be sweating my ass off in that. Remember the Erectus is a cooler water creature and there’s no coral to worry about, bring it down to at least 73 ,, a fan or ice pk would work
Not trying to jump on you I’m ONLY thinking of the seahorses
Much respect my brother
69-70 is prime temp for those little fellas

Paul B

NJRC Member
They will tolerate warmer water for a while as I sometimes collect them in hot tide pools. But that water cools off again when the tide comes up. They also require a lot of food, probably more if they are to warm.
I can't keep them for more than a few weeks or months. Probably because it is to hot in my house but I know the aquarium here always has them as they are very common.

One drag of a 2 man net and you can get dozens of them.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Paulie, many suggestions searching states temp can be BTW 70 and 79, seems rather high IMO.
I keep my house temp BTW 73 and 75 depending on the outside temp. Normally the tank temp for the horses is 73.
I do have some easy soft coral in there for them to hitch to.

Paulie, many suggestions searching states temp can be BTW 70 and 79, seems rather high IMO.
I keep my house temp BTW 73 and 75 depending on the outside temp. Normally the tank temp for the horses is 73.
I do have some easy soft coral in there for them to hitch to.
I’m not doubting you care my brother it’s just that number 75 made me worry about the ponies. I know you know what ur doing (it’s all about the ponies)