• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pithos crabs

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
This is the last man standing,he went gangster on the other 3 that lived in a buy I did with Chris.
Cool little guy can pickup and move frag plugs without any issues.

Attachments

• 20231215_110805.jpg
    20231215_110805.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

Rueric

NJRC Member
i had one that didnt move anything, did great at eating bubble algae, possibly even better than emeralds

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Reefcleaners had them back in stock recently. I was down to one myself before I took my cruise- haven't seen it since- would like to get som more- much better than emeralds

I heard these guys are awesome for bubble algae. I need to try a bunch. Ive never seen them locally, has anyone else?

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Most LFS never heard of them, I asked mine a few weks ago about getting them, but was away for a while. I plan on asking him again- maybe if there is enough interest he'll get in on an order

Most LFS never heard of them, I asked mine a few weks ago about getting them, but was away for a while. I plan on asking him again- maybe if there is enough interest he'll get in on an order

Which lfs? I would take 10 of them. Need some for a new build and my bubble algae loaded sps nano

radiata

NJRC Member
Which lfs? I would take 10 of them. Need some for a new build and my bubble algae loaded sps nano

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to get new rock for your new build? With the new rock in, you could do whatever is necessary to kill all the bubble algae on the nano rocks and put them in the new build when they are clean.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Wouldn't it be cheaper just to get new rock for your new build? With the new rock in, you could do whatever is necessary to kill all the bubble algae on the nano rocks and put them in the new build when they are clean.
Pithos are good at moving sand, eating algae- able to get in crevices that emeralds can't, and aren't a threat to any fish- agreat addtion to the cuc

Nano rocks are staying in the nano. I have Australian live rock in the new build that I’ve been curing for 3 months (in the display now). Being that I would be moving some corals/discs between tanks, I wanted the crabs as a precaution/control measure. I actually added 10 emerald to the nano the other day and they’re going wild on the bubble algae. I never saw emeralds attack the stuff like this before .

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2