• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Planning a 33long, and have a few questiong

Over the past few months i have been planning to do a 33L. It will be a display tank that will take the place of my biocube. I iwll be turning the biocube into a frag tank. I plan on keeping mostly zoos, rics, a few clams and gobies.

I plan on drilling the tank for a closed loop, and making overflows on the back of the tank.

Here is what ive come up wth so far, I really want to get this project started

33L with acrylic overflows,
DIY stand and hood
(2) two little fish 150 reactors, one for phos media and the other for nitrate sponge
Maxijet 900 for the reactors
Current Nova Extreme HO T5
36"X11"X12" DIY sump/refugium
JBJ auto top off

Some things that I still have to decide on,
Skimmer?? I have a tunze 9002 nano skimmer on my biocube and like it,, but will it be to small for this system, I dont plan on having a heavy fish load, maybe 3 or 4 small gobies. If it is to small what do you recommend?
How to make a closed loop, pump size, where to mount the pump?
Anyone ever have bad experiences with filter socks, I'de like to put them in the sump I make?

If anyone has any comments or tips on anything of the things I've listed speak up. I like hearing about other peoples experiences.

Steve ;D