• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

plumbing 60 gallon frag tank

Setting up my 60 gallon frag system now, tank is drilled for a 1 " and a 3/4" bulkhead. Plan is to use both as drains in a herbie set up and run the return over the top of the tank.

my question is I am thinking to use the 1" as the main drain and the 3/4" as the emergency ? or is this not going to work ? is there something else I should be thinking here ?

or should I just keep it as is and run a durso set up ?

Thanks

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I did this on my 80 gallon.
Use the 1” as emergency and the 3/4 as main siphon. I came In over the top by the overflow box and straight into the tank so I can keep a screen. Will take a pic later for you if u like

I did this on my 80 gallon.
Use the 1” as emergency and the 3/4 as main siphon. I came In over the top by the overflow box and straight into the tank so I can keep a screen. Will take a pic later for you if u like

Wouldn't hurt , thanks. So I would then gate valve the 3/4 line correct ? In order to fine tune right ?