• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pnoy's Cube

Update:

-Well yesterday I hooked up the Calcium reactor and dialed in it . Check Calcium level lastnight and its 390. I will check again tonight to see if it goes up and my goal is maintain it at 450. I know its not easy to dial in and get the consistency so I will be patiently monitor it ...

-hooked up a Deltec fluidinized reactor for my Rox carbon ..

Basically most of the time yesterday was monitoring the tank with leaks, and constantly fixing the Tunze stream 2 ( I personally think its too much flow :( ). I tried all position and finally got it to work with minimal sand storm :lol:.. Run the MH for 2 hrs but most of the time only actinics . After a day 1/2 finally saw the BK skimming and pretty happy with it ...

Today agenda- Look for a titanum heater and shop around for a controller. Im leaning towards Rk2 now with limited $$.

Update:

-I swap one of the Tunze to vortech from my 180 and finally I got it under control. I was just pist thursday night that came home with all the sand on one side :mad:. Now with one vortech gen2 and 1 tunze I created a wave motion . Pretty kool and hopefully get video on it.

- Tomorrow will hook up the Reefkeeper2 as well..
- Do my 1st water change :)

Steve,
some pictures of the tank and waterpump in action please. I need to learn from you how to setup water pump so it give the most water turbulance movement without disturb the sand. I saw Ralph done it with hand feeling. I still don't know how he feel for water move.

Ok here is an update:

Yesterday the frag tank got picked up and did most of the day trying to allocate some frags that are in the frag tank and some I re-attached cuz some has mad algae on it.. maybe 10 frags I threw away since I don't want to deal with it anymore. ..

I put all the zoas back to 180 and the Aussie's I put them on the cube and still looking a bit stress...

018-2.jpg

020-6.jpg

pnoyreefer said:
.. maybe 10 frags I threw away since I don't want to deal with it anymore. ..

No you didn't. Did you really? :eek:

Tank looks stunning, Steve! Next time, before throwing anything away, please give me a holler. You're quite a ways away, but I'll take that drive any given day for your throwaways. :p Is it too late to raid your trash can?

JerseyWendy said:
pnoyreefer said:
.. maybe 10 frags I threw away since I don't want to deal with it anymore. ..

No you didn't. Did you really? :eek:

Tank looks stunning, Steve! Next time, before throwing anything away, please give me a holler. You're quite a ways away, but I'll take that drive any given day for your throwaways. :p Is it too late to raid your trash can?

Wendy I am sure if you see those frags U will do the same thing I did. It mostly zoas covered with algae. It can be re plug but with so much on it I think it will take you atleast 10 mins every frag to re mount it..

Yippeee!!!!!!!!!. I came home and my aussie's and micro's are fluffy. I took out my macro lens but too bad I only snap 2 of them and the MH shuts off...Well here are some update and for sure I will snap each one of them later on with macro lens..

enjoy

003-13.jpg

009-6.jpg

016-4.jpg

017-8.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
pnoyreefer said:
Yippeee!!!!!!!!!. I came home and my aussie's and micro's are fluffy.

It’s amazing what a little Snuggles Fabric Softener does to fluff things up...static free and cuddle fresh. ;D

Looks fantastic!

Hey Steve if you are going to the Manhattan frag swap TB Aquatics might do a CUC for you if you still need something I think they are going.

Next time you throw out frags let us know so we can sell raffle tickets. ;)

JRWOHLER said:
Hey Steve if you are going to the Manhattan frag swap TB Aquatics might do a CUC for you if you still need something I think they are going.

Next time you throw out frags let us know so we can sell raffle tickets. ;)

CUC? Sorry Im a noob....

OK next time I make sure I save it.. but dont ask me where is the frag its all algae on it .. :p

pnoyreefer said:
CUC? Sorry Im a noob....
I'm thinking you were just joking though...but just in case anyone is reading the thread and doesn't know:

CUC = clean up crew.
:)

or maybe he was butchering the spelling of a sea cucumber... ;D

;D.. Now I know :).. thanks guys

Ralph yes its comin along pretty good .. I have to replumb it over the weekend since the frag tank is gone . I can move the 55 behind it :)... how's the frags doin?

mikem said:
Steve. Mine are doing great.
Thanks again.

Nice Mike .. glad all of them are doing well...

Update : Rk2 is installed and love it.. just needs to update the firmware to 2.5 version . So far I got my MH , T5 , Calcium Reactor, Fans on it :)

I picked up 6 Blue green chromis tonight :)... I don't care if they are not that kool looking but having a school of fish is really nice to look at..

This list also of fish will hopefully be on my tank this weekend if not, then next week. I acquired it from a local guy who was breaking down..

Pair of Grade A Picasso with RBTA
3 Lyretail Anthias ( I think )
Mystery wrasse

Tank also has bubbles on the rocks . The tunze is sucking too much air :(... I lower it down so hopefully should be fine.

Bubbleking Mini doing its job :D

002-15.jpg

003-14.jpg

Thanks