• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pods Galore!

My favorite place to order pods, Aquarium Depot. Other livestock is iffy sometimes, but pods, second to none, imho. Look at the size of those monsters! Thanks to the couple of NJRC folks for jumping in on this, got a nice order going. :)

Also got a red sponge and orange sponge, both filter feeders, we'll see how they do.

20201215_151637.jpg20201215_151652.jpg

I’m in as well not sure what the group buy pricing would be but I know they quite often do a buy one get one free.

I don't think they're going to offer a buy in bulk price, if that's what you mean, but definitely gotta coordinate with the BOGO deals. It's $40 a bag, BOGO means $20 each serving. For the size they come in, I've been satisfied. They go straight into the chaeto.

These are the sponges I picked up from them.

20201215_163450.jpg

They heard me
Guess it depends on what pods you're looking for. Looks like AlgaeBarn Ecopods are a blend of 4 different types of copepods. The pod package from Aquarium Depot is a mix of amphipods and copepods, and they don't really specify what the species of the copepods are. I can barely see the copepods, but I can attest that I've never seen this density of amphipods. Much more than the $20 portions I've bought from Absolutely Fish, Sea Level, or even PodMyReef in the past.

My favorite are reef nutrition Tig pods. Never tried algaebarn. Heard too many horror stories about aquarium depot to want to try them.

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I was using AB for ages and was always happy, pods were jumping out of the bags.
Then a total mess last year. I put in a big order to fill my 120, think it was a BOGO and I expected a few thousand pods.
Ended up, on arrival I received not even a fraction of the number.
AD was adamant about no refunds so I took it to Paypal disputes.
Paypal suported AD as AD stated that most of the pods were not visible to the human eye.
Never ordered fromthem again.