• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Point & shoots

ok so i'm a photography noob. Currently I'm using my droids camera & it's absolutely unpredictable & just plain bad. some shots are decent & some are just horrible. I'm looking to buy a camera that I can get decent pictures of my tanks with. i'm not looking to spend the equivalent of an AI sol on my first camera purchase so anybody have any recommendations for a camera that will get me decent shots? Also note that I have little to no knowledge of Photoshop or any other editing/processing software. I am somewhat of a computer geek so I'm willing to play with the software if it'll get me to a decent level.

Thanks guys,
Ryan

I Have a great recommendation for ya.....FLYERS!!!!! Sorry, cant help with your camera issue. Kinda clueless with the camera realm. But, I do believe you need to change ur avatar.

I Have a great recommendation for ya.....FLYERS!!!!! Sorry, cant help with your camera issue. Kinda clueless with the camera realm. But, I do believe you need to change ur avatar.
lol don't want to side track this so i'll let the players do the S*** talking for me :) But I will say one thing. Even if you do make it past the pens, your Stanley Cup loss percentage is so high for the past 4 decades that I'd feel bad for you making it, Do you even remember the last time they won the cup :)

lol don't want to side track this so i'll let the players do the S*** talking for me :) But I will say one thing. Even if you do make it past the pens, your Stanley Cup loss percentage is so high for the past 4 decades that I'd feel bad for you making it, Do you even remember the last time they won the cup :)
OK... you're right, you win! I'll be at Sundays game...lookin forward to it!

howze01

NJRC Member
I got a Nikon Coolpix L110 for Christmas last year and have had great luck with it. It's got a pretty darn good macro mode too. I think they actually put out a newer model this year. I think it was $200 for mine. The only thing I really have a hard time with is getting pictures of fish. Coral pics are a snap though. If you're going to be at the upcoming meeting I can bring it along and you're more than welcome to give it a whirl.

You cant beat the nikons, for your budget u should look for a older used dslr though. Unless youd rather the small point n shoot.

And i laughed at least 4x today at post #3.

Crosby's back thursday, Go penguinos!!