• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pool

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I know it's late in the season but I need a kid pool at least 5 foot diameter and 12 inches deep. My tortoise grew more than I realized this summer and barely fits in prior enclosure. Anyone know where I pick one up? I checked most of the local stores.

Thanks
mark

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I checked Amazon but did not see the hard plastic just the pop-up/collapsible pools. Afraid it may rip the bottom plastic but I can try it and use cardboard on the bottom.

I would hit the local toys r us and Walmart. Those plastic pools are usually stacked up and shoved in the stock rooms only to return again in the spring.

Another thought is some heavy duty tarp and some concrete block to make a pool.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I have one of these that you're welcome to. Its thick vinyl. Don't know if it would work or if you could do anything with it.
Lemme know.

I'd also like to see a pic of the tortise. :)

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Stores like KMart let you order out ot season items and have them shipped for free to the store. With a quick look, I didn't find a five foot, but found a three foot for ten bucks HERE.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Bryan, it is a Sulcata tortoise. Leopards are nice and my daughter has a red foot. Yellows are hard to find these days unless you pay. Good luck.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Thanks Paul but 3 foot is too small. I just may have to build something, ugghh. Just don't the time now.