• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Power

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
you get power back yet ? do you have emergency battery powered bubblers?

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Christmas eve 2020 was stressful. I guess it was good it was rain even though the kids were hoping for a white Christmas. The Linesmen would have had to work at a slower pace. We lost power a little after 11 PM on Christmas Eve as I was carrying Christmas presents from our basement hiding spot to the first floor where the tree is located. With no power, our oven, stove and of course the microwave didn't work. Christmas dinner menu had to change and I happened to have steaks in the freezer. So on Christmas evening I turned on the built-in Viking outside b'que that uses natural gas. The grill manifold got a hole from corrosion. Natural gas was leaking/flames was shooting from areas where fire should not be. Now the gas got turned off for a few hours to deal with the b'que. We had cold leftovers for Christmas dinner. It was an eventful night which we will talk about for years to come. Our power came back on Saturday night. The temp in the house got down to 37 the first night. Saturday and Sunday house temp was in the high 20s. Tank temp got down to low 40F.

Oh no.... that sounds terrible. Were you able to save anything from the tank? Please let us know if there’s anything that can be done to help.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
That’s definitely a Christmas to remember. A generator is a good investment even to just hotwire to your furnace so you have heat.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Sorry to hear about your outage iam glad you and your family are all safe!
I hope the tank wasn't a total loss