• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Problem with light fixture

I have a 2x250w hqi/mh with dual 96w pc actinics (SP) I just changed the pc's (less than a week ago) and they were working fine until last night the rear bulb was out. I check if it was a loos connection but it was fine. The bulb wants to fire up but never lights. Is this a bad bulb or a bad ballast?? Any suggestions on what it could be or how to fix?

Thanks in advance

Duh why did I not think of that. It is always the simple explination that works. i will elt you know if that works!! :eek:

Thanks

reeftank2510 said:
what do you mean by the bulb wants to fire up? I assume you are talking about the pc's

When the PC fixture is turned on the base of the bulb flashes but never completely lights up. Last night I put my old bulb back and it lite right up. SO I assume it is a problem with the new bulb