• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Product Opinions

hey guys...what do you think about the following products?

ComboVital- combination of blackpowder and spectra vital....supposed to assist with coloring

Cyclop-Eeze Wafers

and the Seasquirt Feeder...I use a turkey baster now, would like something that is a bit easier to maneuver

cyclop-eeze wafers are great for fish. Since they are freeze dried - and do not require refrigeration - it makes for rather convenient feeding. You will need to put the wafer in a small container for the wafer to soak in water - otherwise it will just all float at the top of the tank and into your overflow.

Great for mid-to upper water fish. Few if any wafers ever make it down to my goby - so I also feed sinking pellets.

Never used the other two but have heard a lot of positives on the seasquirt.

I like the sea squirt. Have one of those, turkey baster and long pincher thingys in my sump use them all. Rest no idea.

I use Combo Vital every once in a blue moon (every other month or so). Don't know if it really does anything, all I know is when I'm out, I won't be buying any more of it.

I use the Cyclop-Eeze Wafers extremely sparingly, and don't necessarily restock when I'm out right away.

Can't comment on the sea squirt since I don't have one.

hmmm...thanks guys....seems I should get the wafers adn the seasquirt but at 17 bucks the combo vital could be a waste of money....I've seen pics of your tank wendy and its beautiful....I think I'll pass on the combo vital if you haven't noticed any sort of improvement in color

I was getting annoyed with the turkey baster too. I have both and I don't know why I didn't think about that but what a simple great idea. Thanks.