• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Progression: 3 day old clownfish vs 15 day old clownfish

3 days:
IMG_6186.jpg

15 days: (that's a nickel for scale)
IMG_6279.jpg

19 of the 100 are left. So my save rate is at about 20%.

As to why I'm doing this - why not! it is a lot of fun. yes work work work (any warcraft players?) but I haven't even thought about what is going to happen to them. Will I try and create a large community in the 120? I dunno. The logical place is the bc29.

But if the club does get a school or place to accept a njrc donation - i would have no problems donating a bunch of clowns to create a "nemo" tank for the kids.

here's the thread:
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=22310.0

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Great job Phil, that is still 19 less fish that will be pulled out of the ocean.

Have I mentioned that I love this thread because I think baby clownfish are the cutest thing ever? SO Cute. Hawkeye, good work. How are the big guys doing?

True but for how long? If he continues to have success, then what?

Keep your options open, free salt, frags etc...

this is pretty cool to me since ive been trying to get my pair to spawn for fun and to see if i can do it. but so far no luck. any tips?

George said:
this is pretty cool to me since ive been trying to get my pair to spawn for fun and to see if i can do it. but so far no luck. any tips?

honestly i don't think i do anything special. With regards to food - other than ensure the clowns get their share (which they do since they have the biggest mouths by far). I know some people swear by enriched frozen or something else. I think like all saltwater tanks - you can accomplish the same goal using different techniques.

fyi - i do not have an anemone.

I have found that if they are well settled in the tank and eating well its just a matter of time. The mated pair i gave to Ed, i was having the same issue they just didn't seam like they wanted to mate. Sure enough one day i saw them acting a bit funny and bingie bangie boom they were laying eggs

Phil i had raised tomato clowns once before. I know what you mean by work (water changes everyday). I had 9 survive out of the clutch. I sent to the store for store credit. They say you get better success each time so keep it up. Lots of luck. I must say it was a rewarding experience

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Phil these Clowns are yours if you want them. that way you can have two mated pairs going. They are nice sized. Bob do you remember what kind they are?

Also I have a RBTA you can have as well.