• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Puzzled

So I bought a huge naso tang, 3 acan frags and a nice feather duster from a guy breaking down his set up. He did have red planaria flat worms in system. So I decided to QT the a cans after dipping them (I didn't dip feather duster,worried it would die). I had two new jbj cubbies in my attic so I decided to use one for QT. Everything was fine until I added so zoa's that I wanted out of my nem tank (they were open and growing fast).

Here is where I run into a problem. I come down the next morning after the Zoa's went in and the Acans are covered in a fuzzy white film and the feather duster is out of it tube. Also the Zoa's are all closed up. I did a water change and added a small bag of carbon that came with the tank.

The only thing I can think of is that acan released some sort of toxin maybe. Never had this problem in any other tank. This tank is only 3 gallons but was only up for a few days with new water and rock from my fuge. So I don't think it was water quality.

Any help would be great.

You test the water were they came from? If the previous tank had high phosphates and nitrates then went into pristine it would cause issues.

Didn't test water but the Acans and feather duster were in qt tank for a couple days and were fine. Everything went bat sh!t when I added Zoa's from my nem tank

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am going with coral war. Especially if they are close to each other.

I'm with JR. You have a tank with a 3 gallon capacity minus what the live rock displaces not a lot of volume. Did you have palys?

Bob