• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pvc glue

Fusion Pvc glue is clear and does not require primer. I used it on all of my joints with no issues. Big box stores carry it

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Assuming you're using this on your aquarium and not the plumbing in your house.....As Bob @radiata mentioned, the purple is a code requirement to show the inspector that you've used the cleaner/primer. You can still purchase clear primer, but if you simply dope up the pipe and the fitting with the glue, you're good to go. I prefer giving the pipe a quarter turn once it's inserted in the fitting to assure the glue is thoroughly spread around the pipe/fitting.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Assuming you're using this on your aquarium and not the plumbing in your house.....As Bob @radiata mentioned, the purple is a code requirement to show the inspector that you've used the cleaner/primer. You can still purchase clear primer, but if you simply dope up the pipe and the fitting with the glue, you're good to go. I prefer giving the pipe a quarter turn once it's inserted in the fitting to assure the glue is thoroughly spread around the pipe/fitting.
What Paul said. In our tank applications (and most applications). Primer isn’t necessary if the pvc is relatively clean. If you’re worried get clear primer like Paul said.