• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

question about the hidden reef

i am always about checking new fish stores, and i was thinking about taking a trip to the hidden reef.

there is one fish store i went to a while back that was in the general area, but i dont know the name of it and i dont know if it is the same store.

the place i went to was in pa, off of 95 on the same road to get to the oxford valley mall. it was right next to a chinese food place or in the same plaza, if i remember correctly.

this place sold fish, but they also had other pets like turtles and birds, mice etc. it was a decent sized store.

across the street and mostly the entire road was car dealerships, and the huge reedman toll car dealership was very close, but on the opposite side of the street

is this place the hidden reef, if not, does anyone know which one i am talking about, and what was the name if it wasnt the hidden reef

That sort of sounds like where Petco is. Hidden Reef is easy to remember because they have the worst paved parking lot around, your car can literally be swallowed by the holes.

ok, definitely not the same place i remember. it was in a big shopping plaza. it wasnt petco, it was much closer to 95. i also know it isnt pets plus, which is also on the same road, but further down. i just wish i remembered the name.

i keep trying to call to make sure they are open since it is a far drive, but no answer. i really want to check it out, but it is a far drive and dont want to take a chance of them being closed for the day

Great drygood selection, hit or miss on livestock and employee usefulness recently (4ish months).

I won't be going back after my last visit until the fix the doors by the liverock.

If the pet shop you are looking for is on the road between Rt 95 and Hidden Reef (Rt 413 I think), I think the store you're thinking of is the Fish Factory. If that is the one, it's still around. Ironically, I was at the Hidden Reef and the Fish Factory today.

i took a ride over there today. they had some really nice fish. not as much corals as i expected, but what they did have looked really nice.

they had some awesome onyx clowns at a good price.

i didnt buy anything, but i really liked what they had.

as far as the store i was thinking about, i am not sure if it is the same store, just a different location. i took a drive past the store i was talking about and now it is a chinese food place. i remember the t-shirts they wear, and i really think maybe the moved??

i was shocked at the size.

there is the fish factory, and pet's plus in the area of the hidden reef. neither of which are next to a chinese food place. the fish factory is next to a strip club, and the hidden reef is next to a meat store. pet's plus is by itself, across from a tire store. pets plus is on business route 1.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mr_X said:
the fish factory is next to a strip club,
wow! there's actually a club for people who like to refinish furniture and floors? Wonder what their MACNA's like?

The hidden reef was located on Roosevelt Blvd about 5 years ago. They had a fire and the store burnt down. It was in a row of stores back then. I think they've been on New Falls Rd for about 3 years now.