• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Question/ would like feedback

Ok I’m thinking of taking down my 10gal setup, the one I use to train new seahorses to eat frozen,, and most know what is going on in my invert tank, and only thing in it I’m worried about is the urchin (Which I would just give away)
So here’s question// think the 10 seahorses I have in my tank now would be ok in my invert tank??? The ponies all put together only equals maybe 4 adults,, most are inch n half or smaller and water is same in each tank plus invert tank is super clean. Oh and their both same temperature
What you think peeps wold love feedback by way I have a big hermit crab in my main tank and it has never bothered any of the twenty something ponies in there. But on the flip side the hermits in invert tank are very large and there are two of them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
To be honest Big Guy. I don’t know sea horses well enough to know there stress level with them big hermits in a small tank. But based on what you wrote and what I’ve seen in your invert tank. Those hermits don’t seem very aggressive. (But they sure do work that gravel). I’d like to think you can pull it off. I guess the only way to be sure is move them on a day you can watch them closely and see how it goes.

That’s my concern I’m thinking about putting 2-3 in and see what happens (like lab rats) just kidding I love my ponies.. but honestly best way to find out
Also another plus is that I can put both filters in the tank together,,, when I got the twenty gallon tank i got a filter for a 30-40 gallon tank//and when I got the ten gallon tank I got the 10-20 gallon filter for that one,, heck both together should be great for the invert tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Whenever I have a seahorse question I ask you lol
It seems like moving a few over will be a good way to tell. I have read not to put hermits with them but that might be out of an over abundance of caution.
What happened to the boxfish?

Whenever I have a seahorse question I ask you lol
It seems like moving a few over will be a good way to tell. I have read not to put hermits with them but that might be out of an over abundance of caution.
What happened to the boxfish?
He’s still in the 10gal tank with the new seahorses// he’s actually cute little thing hope he last

Hope so too... watch him though with the inverts. I know your crabs are huge but from what I recall boxfish eat like puffers and basically eat any crustaceans that fit in their mouths.

Hope so too... watch him though with the inverts. I know your crabs are huge but from what I recall boxfish eat like puffers and basically eat any crustaceans that fit in their mouths.
Well here’s little problem, when I first got him I put him in invert tank and one of the fish I also have in ther was picking on him hard so I put the little guy in pony tank and he’s happy with it,, so if I combine the two I’m not quite sure what to do with the box fish,, maybe put in main tank idk

Well here’s little problem, when I first got him I put him in invert tank and one of the fish I also have in ther was picking on him hard so I put the little guy in pony tank and he’s happy with it,, so if I combine the two I’m not quite sure what to do with the box fish,, maybe put in main tank idk
So last night I put 3 ponies in the invert tank and good so far, I haven’t seen anything bothering them as of now,, tonight is second night see how it is going in the morning. I put the little box fish in the main tank and was like good luck little guy, he’s all over the place checking things out, I’d swear I saw him smiling

So last night I put 3 ponies in the invert tank and good so far, I haven’t seen anything bothering them as of now,, tonight is second night see how it is going in the morning. I put the little box fish in the main tank and was like good luck little guy, he’s all over the place checking things out, I’d swear I saw him smiling
Nice find catching the box fish. They are such cool fish. I hope he continues to do well.

Today I went offshore and got 100gal of water, came home and did a 15gal WC on invert tank, then put the other 4 ponies in there so now I have 7 of them in there,, hopefully I’ll get rid of some soon FREE SEAHORSES peeps come n get em,, sooner better so I can move the ponies to main tank,, need to get rid of 5 ponies to put the others in it

Today I went offshore and got 100gal of water, came home and did a 15gal WC on invert tank, then put the other 4 ponies in there so now I have 7 of them in there,, hopefully I’ll get rid of some soon FREE SEAHORSES peeps come n get em,, sooner better so I can move the ponies to main tank,, need to get rid of 5 ponies to put the others in it
Nice n clear see thru

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
When training I feed live bbs then break em into frozen little at a time
Little update on ponies in the invert tank,, al is well and ponies seem happy, last night th hermits were extremely active,, kept hearing their shells banging against the glass of tank, I must of gotten up 3-4x to make sure that the seahorses were ok,, all freaking night with the shells banging on glass,, tink tink tink tink tink tink get the picture

Salted

NJRC Member
Little update on ponies in the invert tank,, al is well and ponies seem happy, last night th hermits were extremely active,, kept hearing their shells banging against the glass of tank, I must of gotten up 3-4x to make sure that the seahorses were ok,, all freaking night with the shells banging on glass,, tink tink tink tink tink tink get the picture
Get some little foam rubber covers for them :p

Maybe you should think about sleeping on the couch. And stop bothering them during their late nite interlude. I mean come on paulie. You gotta have a brothers back ;)