• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Quick Question about Dr. Tims Waste Away

I just got this stuff in the mail today. The directions say to dose 10mL per 10 gallons. Ive never dosed anything before and this is probably a silly question to most, but do i add this to SW when im doing a water change or can i just add it right into the display tank?
thanks

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Dose right to your tank, IIRC you want to do a half dose the first time you are using it.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Whenever I dose anything I put it either into the overflow box or into the sump. I think the additive you are talking about is bacteria so I wouldn't be concerned about putting it directly into the tank. If you dose 2 part I would make sure it goes either in the sump or over flow. Let us know how the waste away works for you.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
I used a combination of waste away, one and only and mb7 to seed my biopellet reactor. I still dose mb7 once a week ans cycled both my tanks with one and only. I've never had anything but positive results from using the stuff. Be careful with wasteaway though. It's pretty potent stuff. Over dosing has been known to drop O2 levels in tanks. Think dr points that out though.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Mine should be here tomorrow, I guess I should have ordered from Amazon instead of straight from the site.