• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Radioactive Dragon eyes

Hello, so I bought 5 frags of zoas about 2 weeks ago. All different. Temp acclimated in bag, then drip acclimated them, then revive dip. Normal process. 4/5 of them were open next day. One of them was a Radioactive Dragon Eye and it has refused to open. I let it sit for a week then moved it to a spot with less flow. No change. Sometime it seems like one or 2 polyps are barely about to open and then an hour later, nothing. I removed them from the tank, did a peroxide dip in case maybe there was something bothering it. Dipped it in iodine right after. Rinsed, placed in the part of the tank where the other zoas are. (Figured since they all seem to be happy). This was 4 days ago. No change. It's closed. Doesn't look dead. Which I figured it would have been by now since it has not opened in so long.

I don't know what to try at this point. I would really like to get it to open. Any tips?

You could try dipping them in coral revive sometimes that works also strong water flow sometimes lower lighting At the beginning

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Hello, so I bought 5 frags of zoas about 2 weeks ago. All different. Temp acclimated in bag, then drip acclimated them, then revive dip. Normal process. 4/5 of them were open next day. One of them was a Radioactive Dragon Eye and it has refused to open. I let it sit for a week then moved it to a spot with less flow. No change. Sometime it seems like one or 2 polyps are barely about to open and then an hour later, nothing. I removed them from the tank, did a peroxide dip in case maybe there was something bothering it. Dipped it in iodine right after. Rinsed, placed in the part of the tank where the other zoas are. (Figured since they all seem to be happy). This was 4 days ago. No change. It's closed. Doesn't look dead. Which I figured it would have been by now since it has not opened in so long.

I don't know what to try at this point. I would really like to get it to open. Any tips?
just leave them they will eventually open.i had rastas like that took a very long time to open.