• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rainy Day

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
On this rainy day cleaned up the equipment from the 30g nem tank, Would like to clean tank better; maybe tomorrow.

Mixed RODU with my ESV Alk and Calc; topped off containers. Topped off Mag with Kent mag as well.

Tested the above and still low Alk 6.1 but tank looks good. Calc 485ppm and Mag 1325.

I was dosing Alk 4ml every other day was it was high. Calc was 4ml daily and Mag 10ml monthly.

I altered the doser to - Alk 4ml daily, Calc 4ml daily and Mag to 10ml weekly.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Calc 485 is too high. Maybe not dosing it for a while to see it comes down. I tried to keep mine at 430 and 8.5-9 alk.

I enjoy working on my tank. Feeling like I am doing something.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Calc 485 is too high. Maybe not dosing it for a while to see it comes down. I tried to keep mine at 430 and 8.5-9 alk.

I enjoy working on my tank. Feeling like I am doing something.
It was over 500 at one point so going in right direction. I am moving very slow because in past went fast i assume and many coral died.

horseplay

NJRC Member
What kind of salt do you use? I use IO and Fritz both are 350ppm calc. Have to dose about 40ml for 5g bucket to bring it to 430ppm every time.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Mainly IO, but no WC for 5 months as I can't make water during winter. I hope to startup this month.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
There’s an adapter for that. You just unscrew the faucet aerator.
I know and have that. My stupidity was redoing the kitchen and bath. Wife wanted a tall faucet with button sprayer so cannot use adapter. I never even considered adding anything to the bathroom when remodeling.

Salted

NJRC Member
I know and have that. My stupidity was redoing the kitchen and bath. Wife wanted a tall faucet with button sprayer so cannot use adapter. I never even considered adding anything to the bathroom when remodeling.
Oh then you want this type. I got it a HD but lowes will have it too. Less than $10 and takes two minutes to install. I just keep my rodi in a tub under the bathroom sink.

Attachments

• 370DBAF4-537F-4BFC-B145-1A4791962497.jpeg
    370DBAF4-537F-4BFC-B145-1A4791962497.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10