• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rare Brazilian Golden Moray 08086

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be too busy to properly take care of my aquarium so everything must go. But first I have to sell my eel. They are hard to come by and sell for $400-$600 in this coloration. I will take the first REASONABLE offer. He is in perfect health and eats selcon & garlic soaked octopus, squid, shrimp, silversides, and an occasional treat of live peppermint shrimp. He is very active for an eel and frequently takes laps around the tank. I have an entire setup also for sale as soon as he is gone. Let me know if you need anything else and I'll make you a great deal.

Eel2.jpg

Eel3.jpg

Eel4.jpg

Eel5.jpg

Eel.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
PM Todd Kiry (TKiry1, I think). He was looking to buy mine, but unfortunately we lost him before we sold him (he had lived a long fruitful life).

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It was a while ago (Christmas, maybe?), but he keeps a gorgeous FOWLR and he might still be interested in adding one, for the right price.

Got to love eels! Every day brought excitement when I had a FOWLER with two of them. They are generally very hardy. I wish I could add one to my reef, but that is a point for another thread. I'm sure you find a home soon.

Looking at your tank, cripes - how big is it?? ::)

boontonbob said:
Got to love eels! Every day brought excitement when I had a FOWLER with two of them. They are generally very hardy. I wish I could add one to my reef, but that is a point for another thread. I'm sure you find a home soon.

Looking at your tank, cripes - how big is it?? ::)

120 Gallon 60x18x24ish. also for sale as soon as I find my eel a good home. Its sad but EVERYTHING must go!!!

I was offered several hundred dollars, more than a few times when I didn't want to sell. Now I'm practically giving him away and no takers? Let me guess, as soon as he's gone I'll get those $500-$800 offers again!! This hobby is funny sometimes.

Last, last call, someone make me an offer.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Have you tried over on MR? I know there are a few people who either have or want to have one. Worth a shot. They are really the best of pets, very cool and interactive for kids. Makes a great addition to a FOWLR or aggressive tank (must keep covered). Unfortunately we shut that tank down and have no where to keep him or I would have bought him already! Our kids LOVED ours.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am trying to conatact a few people at another local CLub I knoe have FOWLR tanks, please hang in there for another couple of days, I would love to see this guy go to a good home!

Rod

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
...They are really the best of pets, very cool and interactive for kids. Makes a great addition to a FOWLR or aggressive tank (must keep covered). Unfortunately we shut that tank down and have no where to keep him or I would have bought him already! Our kids LOVED ours.

That's the truth. I entertained setting the tank back up just to have one again. They're such great fish. Good luck finding it a new home.

Thanks guys. He is the best fish I've ever had. He does sporadic laps around the tank all the time. Sometimes he curls up like a rattlesnake rite in front of the glass and sits for hours like hes watching tv! I've had other fish in the same tank get sick before and he had never shown any symptoms. I have small fish with him and he doesnt bother them. Lets the cleaner wrasse clean his teeth! Very hardy, active, and beautiful!
Someone has got to have room. I have to find him a home is less than 3 weeks. no exceptions. Please pass the word on. This is an unreal deal for a great specimen.

update. 2 people are interested. We'll see what happens. No where near the money I would have liked to get for him but oh well. A good home is more important to me. Ill post another thread for all my equipment when he has been relocated.

Well, I still have this guy. The longest leg of my travels is complete. I'm going to keep the settup but still looking for a good home for the Eel.

Last Chance. The trap is in the tank. His next feeding is around wednesday. If noone is interested, I'm taking him to a LFS. This is the last thing I want to do, But I am left with no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.