• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rare Octopus Coral ( Wall Frogspawn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a trade for this beautiful piece. I ordered it, thinking I could get a bunch of frogspawn branches to frag up and sell off. Instead I ended up with this wall frogspawn, also known as Octopus Coral. Though it is beautiful, It's not what I want/need. I would be interested in anything like frogspawn/hammer/torch branching varieties. Maybe even some bright zoanthid/palythoa large colonies. I'll listen to whatever. Located in Medford, NJ (yes, south of the Mason Dixon)
octopus coral.jpg

I never knew this was rare,I have a huge colony of it and it grows like a weed.GLWTS

In my 17 years of reef keeping I have yet to see this in any store I've ever been in. Tried searching for it online and only 2 sites actually had it "In Stock" and they were asking $169 for a piece this big. So by rare, I guess I would mean it's not as common as a Xenia but less rare than a man being completely happy with his love life after marriage. Fair enough of a classification? LOL

a man being completely happy with his love life after marriage. Fair enough of a classification? LOL

ROTFLMAO :D

When I seen the coral it was a good size and had great colors. You sould probably put the size of the piece or get a pic of it with something next to it for a size referance.

Goodluck.

eggcrate is 3/4" so that coral is roughly 4" long and 3" wide + expansion of tentacles. Its a solid piece not heads so this form is a lot rarer than branching frogspawn. Its a slower grower as well, and best described as the base of a wall hammer (since most have seen these) with frogspawn tentacles.

Good luck with the sale, I wish i had room for it lol.

eggcrate is 3/4" so that coral is roughly 4" long and 3" wide + expansion of tentacles. Its a solid piece not heads so this form is a lot rarer than branching frogspawn. Its a slower grower as well, and best described as the base of a wall hammer (since most have seen these) with frogspawn tentacles.

Good luck with the sale, I wish i had room for it lol.

+1 for Xavier. Yeah it's probably a hair over 4" From what I've read the tentacles don't expand as long as branching, but it builds up in walls obviously as well as side by side heads. Pretty neat piece considering I've never seen one before until now. Like I said, I was looking for branching in a LARGE piece but I got this. I'm selling it for my cost, or will consider trades of something else for anyone interested. PM me for details. FYI.... I paid no where near the $129-169! lol Good buy for someone on a budget looking for something cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.