• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RBTA and her final journey

well... after 2 months of sitting in place, she decided to move. and picked powerhead as her final resting place. water is milky to say the least. 75% of her body is gone. how big water change should I do to avoid any problems? please help.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I lost a bubble tip this week as well, my sympathies. I did a 10% water change that day, and an additional 10% the next day as I was actually syphoning off pieces of my bubble tip from the sand bed after it cooked itself- you may have the same problem if you had 75% decentigration.
I'm sure you know to keep an eye on your nitrates- mine are still a bit high at 6 ppm 3 days later (they are generally at 1-2).

hm... i didnt see pieces anywhere and water this morning seemed to look fine. i checked the parameters last and they seemed to be fine. i will do water change tonite also. she was so nice right in the middle of the tank.

I'm very sorry to hear that she didnt make it.. my boyfriend and i recently lost our favorite fish (powder blue tang).. so i know how it goes..

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I understand, our bubble tip was on the right side of the tank, right where we could see it hosting the pciasos... and then it decided to climb up the live rock and onto the glass...
Glad your water quality is stable, it sounds like you did a good job of keeping the rest of your tank healthy.